microplate reader for DNA + EtBr

Benedik, Michael J. bchs1b at jetson.uh.edu
Thu May 30 00:21:15 EST 1991

	We frequently perform nuclease assays in a microtiter dish using DNA
and ethidium bromide. After incubation the plate is photographed on a UV light
box just like a gel and we analyse the wells for loss of flourescence.

	Does anyone out there in Netland know of a microplate reader which
will work for this application? Obviously it needs to do flourescence and must
excite at around 300nm. Any and all help appreciated.

	 Michael Benedik
	 Department of Biochemical and Biophysical Sciences
	 University of Houston
	 INTERNET: Benedik at UH.EDU	BITNET: Benedik at UHOU

		I have nothing cute to say today. Sorry.