Electroporators for bacterial transformation

Anthony J. Persechini ajp2o at crocus.medicine.rochester.edu
Mon Nov 11 16:12:23 EST 1991

In article <1991Nov11.174210.12481 at nrcnet0.nrc.ca>, num208jn at MBDS.NRC.CA (John Nash) writes:

|> >We have a Biorad gene pulser and we're not too keen on paying vast amounts

I am still using chemical transformation but have been think about
going to electroporation. I am working with a fairly large clone
that gives poor transformation frequencies relative to pBR. Does
anyone know if electroporation shows less size dependence than does
the chemical method?

Also, what is the minimal entry level price for this equipment.

--
Anthony Persechini
Assistant Professor
ajp2o at crocus.medicine.rochester.edu