How to grow bacteria in microtiter wells?

Michael Benedik bchs1b at ELROY.UH.EDU
Mon Nov 18 23:38:53 EST 1991

In article <9111150620.AA04780 at genbank.bio.net>, BI599077 at BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU (Chun Liang) writes:
>Does anyone know how to grow bacteria directly in microtiter plates, with
>glycerol already in the growth medium?  Do you shake the plate while growing?
>Is the growth media different than LB?  We are making a library and this would
>really help us out.
>                                       Thanks.
>
>                                              Chun Liang

there is no need to shake while growing since you don;t need maximal cell
density, just something reasonable. Without shaking you will get at least
10*8 per ml, probably more. YOu can use any medium you want, LB is fine
with glycerol added. Just be careful after innoculating the wells to be
sure you don't get cross contamination before you grow everything up.