Sequencing PCR products

Jeff levinthal at
Tue Nov 5 11:03:33 EST 1991

Hi there Netters!
I am interested in sequencing a regulatory region of a gene from a number
of related E. coli strains (from the ECOR collection).  We have been able
to amplify this region succesfully so my main question is this: Does anyone
know of any lower limit to the length of the PCR product to be sequenced?
Ultimately I would like to use the same primers and be able to sequence
the strands one one gel (so about 3-400 bases).
Any thoughts on this and other tips on sequencing PCR products would be
greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
    Name: Jeff
Internet: levinthal at