Dear all,

Michael McKenna MCKMICP at YaleVM.YCC.Yale.Edu
Sun Nov 17 14:11:21 EST 1991

------------------------- Original Article -------------------------
From: at VTVM2.CC.VT.EDU (Mr. K.R. Raj)
Newsgroups: bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts
Subject: Dear all,
Date: 13 Nov 91 00:31:54 GMT
Sender: daemon at

                I am quite tired of electroeluting DNA out of agarose. Could
             anyone suggest a better way other than using the geneclean kit ?
                                                kraj at

   We have been using GELase from Epicentre Technologies for several
   months now without any problems. Simply excise your DNA from a
   low-melt gel, melt it, and add a ul of enzyme. In 30 minutes your
   DNA is ready for ligations, labelings, etc. without any pesky
   agarose to harden things up. The agarose fragments are alcohol
   soluble, so you can precipitate your DNA without contaminants.

                                             mckmicp at YaleVM