Dear all,

Michael McKenna MCKMICP at YaleVM.YCC.Yale.Edu
Sun Nov 17 14:11:21 EST 1991

------------------------- Original Article -------------------------
From: kraj%uk.ac.crc at VTVM2.CC.VT.EDU (Mr. K.R. Raj)
Newsgroups: bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts
Subject: Dear all,
Date: 13 Nov 91 00:31:54 GMT
Sender: daemon at genbank.bio.net

                I am quite tired of electroeluting DNA out of agarose. Could
 anyony
             anyone suggest a better way other than using the geneclean kit ?
                   Thankyou.
                                                kraj at uk.ac.crc

   We have been using GELase from Epicentre Technologies for several
   months now without any problems. Simply excise your DNA from a
   low-melt gel, melt it, and add a ul of enzyme. In 30 minutes your
   DNA is ready for ligations, labelings, etc. without any pesky
   agarose to harden things up. The agarose fragments are alcohol
   soluble, so you can precipitate your DNA without contaminants.

                                             mckmicp at YaleVM