How to grow bacteria in microtiter wells?

Dr. Shoumo Bhattacharya B1 061 sbhattac at mrc-crc.ac.uk
Sun Nov 17 14:28:50 EST 1991

C Liang writes Does anyone know how to grow bacteria directly in microtiter plates, with
glycerol already in the growth medium?  Do you shake the plate while growing?
Is the growth media different than LB?  We are making a library and this would
really help us out.

We do this routinely: To 500 ml LB broth add K2HPO4 3.15g, KH2PO4 0.9g, Na citrate 0.225g, MgSO4.7H2O 0.045g, glycerol 22g, aliquot and autoclave.
 The bugs grow fine at 37 deg without shaking; I grow them for 12 hrs before freezing at -80. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Shoumo Bhattacharya
MRC Clinical Research Centre