DNA QUANTITATION

murianap muriana at aclcb.purdue.edu
Tue Oct 1 14:08:46 EST 1991

We are presently isolating DNA via ethanol precipitation (without CsCl
purification) and have gotten rid of residual RNA by RNAse digestion.
However, I presume that the presence of individual RNA bases would still
give absorbance and mask the true levels of DNA quantitation by absorbance
at 260nm.  Am I correct? and would this be alleviated by ethanol
precipitation, whereby the digested bases would not be precipitated by
ethanol, so the DNA can be revovered again for quantitation.

Thanks in advance,
Peter M. Muriana
    Name: murianap
Internet: muriana at aclcb.purdue.edu