preparing samples for pulse-field electrophoresis

JMILLER%VXBIO.SPAN at STAR.STANFORD.EDU JMILLER%VXBIO.SPAN at STAR.STANFORD.EDU
Sun Oct 20 19:46:08 EST 1991

  We are currently working with the extreme thermophile Thermotoga
maritina, whose genone is less than 1/3 the size of e. coli (about
1.4megabases). The small size of the genome makes it practical to
do some basic physical mapping with a pulse-field/southern method.
I am interested in hearing from anyone about the best way to prepare
samples for pulse-field electrophoresis. Problems would be especially
interesting, since this organism LIVES at 90 degrees, and may resis
conventional lysis proceedures.
-Peter Markiewicz