Freeze & Squeeze: DNA from Low-melt

Nigel Walker nigel at codon1.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 23 18:31:11 EST 1991

I have a collegue in need of a recipe [ it seems he left home without his book
of protocols].

He has described to me a technique which he calls freeze & squeeze, for
isolating DNA from low-melt agarose.  The excized band is diluted in buffer 1
[this is where the cookbook is important!], frozen with liq N2, and centrifuged
through a tiny hole in the bottom of a 0.5ml eppendorf tube (into a 1.5ml tube).

I know a number of ways to isolate DNA from agarose, but this one intrigues me....  does anyone out there have the complete protocol??

thanx in advance.

Nigel Walker        nigel at enzyme.berkeley.edu       (510) 654-LEAF
.