histological staining of platelets

ram at umiami.ir.miami.edu ram at umiami.ir.miami.edu
Tue Sep 10 12:28:25 EST 1991

 Hi
	I am posting it for a friend of mine.  Please send mail to
his Internet address.  The text of his post follows.
	Thank you.
..ram

--Begin question--

   Need help with histological staining of human blood platelets. I would
like to distinguish between platelets and RBC based on an obvious color
difference. My fixation/dehydration/embedding protocol prevents me from
retaining antigenic sites for immunohistochemical techniques.
    I would appreciate any suggestion reguarding WATER-soluable stain
combinations, or any useful citation.
    Please do not hesitate to comment if my question is unclear.

Thank you for your help.

--John Khan
Biomedical Eng., Univ. of Miami
e-mail:
 Internet:   IKHAN at UMIAMI.IR.MIAMI.EDU