Dyes for nuclear injection.

Coady Michael coady at ere.umontreal.ca
Thu Sep 5 15:26:13 EST 1991

	Here's an odd question.  Has anybody out there any experience
with dyes that can be injected into cells (more specifically, into
Xenopus nuclei) which are not harmful to the cells.  I could use trypan
but I've no idea what it might do the cell; perhaps food dyes would work
since they can't be terribly toxic.  Any colour but red would do (it
clashes with the colour scheme of the cells, you see).  Also, it can be
quite dilute, I needn't be able to see it within the cell.
	Thanks for any suggestions.

Mike Coady
Dept. de Physiologie
Universite de Montreal