ssDNA preparations from M13KO7

kim at kim at
Thu Apr 30 14:58:21 EST 1992

In article <1992Apr30.084720.11783 at>, robert at (Robert Coelen) writes:
>What is your favourite, rapid, but good ! method for getting nice ssDNA
>preps from M13 phage infections for the purpose of sequencing.

                         <Stuff deleted>
I've never tried it, but there is a method using glacial acetic acid, sodium
perchlorate, and glass (either a filter or glass powder).  This was posted here
a while ago.  One reference to this method is found in Nucleic Acids Research.
15:5507-5516 (1987).  Some company (Promega?  BRL?) makes a kit to do this as

Daniel Kim