Alkaline phosphatase problem...

wetsel_r at wums.wustl.edu wetsel_r at wums.wustl.edu
Tue Apr 21 17:11:42 EST 1992

Hi There:

A unique problem has surfaced in our lab and I was wondering if anyone else has
had a similar experience.  When using alkaline phosphatase to remove 5'
phosphates from cloning vectors, has anyone ever had the problem of having the
alkaline phosphatase treatment digest one's vector as well?  Various reagents
have been changed, water, Tris, ZnCl2, the enzyme, all to no avail.  Does
anyone have any suggestions or comments?

Thanks in advance...

+  David L. Haviland, Ph.D.	     Internet:"haviland at kids.wustl.edu"   +
+  Washington Univ. School of Med.   A.K.A : The Compiler                 +
+  Dept. of Peds./Pulm. Box 8116     ICBM-Net : Just hit St. Louis        +
+  400 S. Kingshighway               &-6  <- User is Brain Dead...        +
+  St. Louis, MO  63110              FAX: 314-454-2476                    +
+  (314) 454-6076                                                         +
+  "...just because you know how to win an election doesn't mean you      +
+      know how to run the country..."  - Robbie Sinclair, from the       +
+	                 TV show  'Dinosaurs'				  +