Expression without fusion

Michael Benedik bchs1b at Elroy.UH.EDU
Thu Apr 16 08:31:14 EST 1992

In article <1196.29ec0036 at mbcl.rutgers.edu>, sofer at mbcl.rutgers.edu writes:
>Does anyone know of a lambda phage expression
>vector that does -not- need require that a fusion
>protein in order for one to detect recombinants.be made
>
>I'm looking for an insertion vector rather than
>a replacement vector.
>
>Bill Sofer
>sofer at mbcl.rutgers.edu

It is not clear exactly what you are trying to do, but even the "fusion"
vectors do not require that a gene be fused to be expressed. If you clone
an intact expressable gene in lambda gt11 you can get expression not as
a fusion if your insert has the appropriate translational signals. There
are a variety of other insertion vectors which are also useable depending
upon what your final goals are.