Is there a used lab equipment board here?

Stuart Brown browns at
Wed Apr 8 16:18:22 EST 1992

In article <1992Apr3.223306.10357 at> djt2 at po.CWRU.Edu (Dennis J. Templeton) writes:
>Dear powers-that-be;
>The net seems to be a perfect place to establish a used lab equipment
>exchange bulletin board.  Is there one in existence here? and just where,
>pray tell?
>Really, this would be very useful to those of us on a limited budget,
>reduce waste, clear out storerooms, etc.  If one does NOT exist, maybe one
>should be established.

My wife is currently running a used equipment project at Cornell designed to
move stuff from the University into High School classrooms (contact her:
Kim_Foglia at  Even very obsolete stuff can be
valuable to a High School teacher.
	This net might be useful for such a thing in other localities (they
use a modified LAN at Cornell where the teachers can call into a central
file server by modem without full network access).

Stuart M. Brown                               Postdocs rush in where wise men
U. of Manitoba, Dept. Plant Science, Canada       Fear to tread.
browns at
				Disclaimer?? Sure: "That Disc is Mine!"