Is there a used lab equipment board here?

Stuart Brown browns at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Wed Apr 8 16:18:22 EST 1992

In article <1992Apr3.223306.10357 at usenet.ins.cwru.edu> djt2 at po.CWRU.Edu (Dennis J. Templeton) writes:

>Dear powers-that-be;
>
>The net seems to be a perfect place to establish a used lab equipment
>exchange bulletin board.  Is there one in existence here? and just where,
>pray tell?
>
>Really, this would be very useful to those of us on a limited budget,
>reduce waste, clear out storerooms, etc.  If one does NOT exist, maybe one
>should be established.
>
>thanks...
>
>dennis

My wife is currently running a used equipment project at Cornell designed to
move stuff from the University into High School classrooms (contact her:
Kim_Foglia at qmrelay.mail.cornell.edu).  Even very obsolete stuff can be
valuable to a High School teacher.
	This net might be useful for such a thing in other localities (they
use a modified LAN at Cornell where the teachers can call into a central
file server by modem without full network access).
	-Stu

--
Stuart M. Brown                               Postdocs rush in where wise men
U. of Manitoba, Dept. Plant Science, Canada       Fear to tread.
browns at ccu.umanitoba.ca
				Disclaimer?? Sure: "That Disc is Mine!"