Need E.coli vector w/T7 and regulated promoters

Michael Lonetto lonetto at psl.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 31 11:50:48 EST 1992

Hi,

I'm looking for a vector with both a regulated (E. coli) promoter and
a T7 promoter for overexpression of the same product.  Before I go
ahead and make it I'd like to know if someone else has already done
it and is willing to give it out. The commercial vectors I've seen with
P-lac and P-T7 all seem to produce fusions to B-gal or a T7 protein.
For my purposes I need to express my gene as a non-fusion under regulated
conditions (for study IN VIVO), as well as overexpress it (for purification).

This seems like something that a lot of people working in E. coli would
use, so I'd be surprised if no one had done it yet.

Thanks,

Mike Lonetto
lonetto at psl.wisc.edu

Michael Lonetto       UW Bacteriology  Madison, WI 53706   (608)262-4828
lonetto at psl.wisc.edu   lonetto at calshp.cals.wisc.edu