Strange receptor binding studies, or are they?

cdds01 at vaxa.strath.ac.uk cdds01 at vaxa.strath.ac.uk
Wed Aug 26 08:42:34 EST 1992

I have recently been doing some receptor-binding studies (growth hormone binding to
lymphocytes). I add my 125Iodinated tracer and add cold competitor to my cells +
tracer. After a suitable incubation period I harvest the cells by centrifugation
then count the pellet. The thing is the counts I get back show that tracer binding
increases as I add cold competitor (instead of decreasing as I expected). Does anyone
have any ideas on why this should happen?

Thanks in advance
Pete Crilly