message format

Bill Melchior, NCTR/FDA WMELCHIOR at NTET.NCTR.FDA.GOV
Tue Aug 25 08:29:46 EST 1992

I would like to encourage people to make sure that the line lengths of
their messages do not exceed eighty characters.  On my system it is
difficult to read messages that have longer lines, and impossible to
print them without major manipulations.  If your terminal can be set to
NOT wrap lines, this will help avoid lines that are too long.

I'm posting this to METHODS since most of the messages I see that have
this problem are on this list, like one this morning.

Thank you for your consideration.
The opinions stated are mine, not those of NCTR or its sponsoring organizations.

Bill Melchior                                ||   "You have lawyers the way
National Center for Toxicological Research   ||    other people have mice."
Jefferson, AR  72079                         ||
(501) 543-7206                               ||   -Kenneth Duncan, English
                                             ||    Health & Safety Executive,
WMELCHIOR at NTDOC.NCTR.FDA.GOV                 ||    to US regulators