Baby powder those sticky gels

PHILLIP_SANMIGUEL miguel at aclcb.purdue.edu
Fri Aug 21 13:37:38 EST 1992

In article <1992Aug21.002612.16567 at usenet.ins.cwru.edu>, ca566 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Michael Holloway) writes:

>I've received an E-mail message about the "sticky sequencing gel" problem
>that I was asked to pass on.  Seems like a perfectly reasonable solution.

  I just throw the gel in the -80 oC for the exposure.  Frozen, the gel
does not stick to the film.  But I also fix (60 min.) and dry my wedge
gels much longer than most (several hours).  So this method may not cut
it for some of you.
  Actually, I've quit doing wedge gels since I started using HydroLink's
Long Ranger acrylamide.  Seems to do the same thing the Na Acetate in the
bottom buffer would do.  (But I've not tried Na Acetate so I can't say from
personal experience.)