33P

Michael Holloway ca566 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu
Tue Aug 18 18:24:10 EST 1992

In a previous article, afc at gnv.ifas.ufl.edu (Andrew F. Cockburn) says:

>In article <n62m_xn at lynx.unm.edu>, bhjelle at carina.unm.edu writes:
>> In article <1992Aug10.184231.25639 at gserv1.dl.ac.uk> skspoidn at uk.ac.rdg.susssys1 ("Mike Poidinger") writes:
>>>WRT comments on 35-S, sticky gels and 33-P
>>>
>>>1) I don't think they did mean 32-P. They meant 33-P.
>>>It's new on the market, supposed to have 5 times the
>>>strength of 35-S, which is a lot less than 32-P
>>
>> Also costs a lot more. I nixed that one right away when
>> NEN quoted a price.
>
>I looked in my 92/93 NEN catalog and saw that 33-P gamma ATP
>is actually cheaper than 32-P.  Of course that is list price,
>and I have never in my life paid list price for radioactivity.
>Was your quote for dNTPs instead?
>
>In any case, I would expect price to drop rapidly if demand
>picks up.

The alpha dATP 33P is more expensive and they where not giving any
discounts as of last month (at least not to SUNY at Stony Brook).  They do,
however give a free sample, which is the only reason I've been able to try
it.

Mike
--
E-mail: mhollowa at ccmail.sunysb.edu (mail to freenet is forwarded)