acquisition of sequence from genbank

Michael Holloway ca566 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu
Tue Aug 18 18:19:01 EST 1992

In a previous article, bsh at MED.PITT.EDU (Basavareju Shankarappa) says:

>Here is what you can do to directly get a sequence from genbank:
>
>send a mail message to retrieve at genbank.bio.net
>with nothing in the subject. And in the body of the message write
>only
>the accession number ( or locus name).  If you have more than one
>accession
>numbers, write one below the other, one on each line; nothing else.
>You will
>get the sequence.

You can also telnet to genbank.bio.net or genbank.ig.com maintained by
Intelligenetics.  They'll give you 10 or 15 minutes on-line.
 login: genbank, password:4nigms
You'll be connected to an IRX interface that will search a number of
sequence databases as well as the new data.

Does anyone know what's going to happen to this service when Genbank moves?

Mike
--
E-mail: mhollowa at ccmail.sunysb.edu (mail to freenet is forwarded)
phone:  (516)444-3612