help

Basavareju Shankarappa bsh at MED.PITT.EDU
Sun Aug 16 15:10:53 EST 1992

> I have been wondering if any of the protein A and protein G alternatives bind
> to chicken immunoglobulins with good affinity?  I have been trying to develop
> an immunoprecipitation method using chicken serum.  The anti-chicken
> immunoglobulin that I have been using seems to precipitate some other proteins
> as well interfering with my results.
>  Amrut

Have you considered other alternatives like the immobilized anti-chicken
immunoglobulin.  As far as I knew, one company used to make this preparation
i.e., latex sphere bound anti-chicken immunoglobulin.  I think this method
may increase the specificity of your assay and thus more reliable results.

The place I used to buy these from is Kirkegaard and Perry Laboratories
It is in Gaithersburg Maryland.  Tel: (800) 638-3167.

Hope this helps
Good luck
Raj Shankarappa
University of Pittsburgh