Cs gradients (from CHEESE thread)

Bill Melchior, NCTR/FDA wmelchior at NTBTOX.NCTR.FDA.GOV
Wed Aug 12 08:20:53 EST 1992

>I'm still trying to figure out why anyone still uses Cesium
>gradients. As far as I can tell, they add a couple of days and
>a lot of trouble for very little gain. Yet I still see a lot
>of labs doing them.

When I want VERY clean plasmid, I use the Cs/ethidium method of Garger
et al (BBRC 117, 835-842, 1983).  It takes one day -- I spin for 4 3/4 hr.
The opinions stated are mine, not those of NCTR or its sponsoring organizations.

Bill (Cheesit) Melchior                      ||   "You have lawyers the way
National Center for Toxicological Research   ||    other people have mice."
Jefferson, AR  72079                         ||
(501) 543-7206                               ||   -Kenneth Duncan, English
                                             ||    Health & Safety Executive,
WMELCHIOR at NTDOC.NCTR.FDA.GOV                 ||    to US regulators