Two Sequencing questions:

Zhengyu Sha zsha at
Mon Aug 10 12:55:34 EST 1992

In <1992Aug10.154723.23852 at> rrumpf at (Robert Rumpf) writes:

>I have two questions regarding sequencing protocols:

>1.  Our 35-S gels are still sticky after drying; the saran wrap sticks to them
>and is difficult to remove.  Why?  We also noticed that removing the saran wrap
>and placing film directly on the gels apparently causes some damage to the
>film from the moisture or urea in the gel...

>2.  Anyone have any experience with 33-P yet?  We would like to know if the
>energy from this isotope is sufficient to pass through saran wrap so we can
>expose films without taking the wrap off.
	You mean 32-P? The answer is yes. Even with 35-S sequencing gel we exposure the dried gel without removing the saran wrap. The results are satisfied if you labeling reaction is good.
>Any help will be greatly appreciated...

 Zhengyu Sha             l    2188 Molecular Biology Building   l
 Phone No. (515)294-4210 l    ISU, Ames,Iowa 50011              l