Two Sequencing questions:

Robert Rumpf rrumpf at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Mon Aug 10 10:47:23 EST 1992

I have two questions regarding sequencing protocols:

1.  Our 35-S gels are still sticky after drying; the saran wrap sticks to them
and is difficult to remove.  Why?  We also noticed that removing the saran wrap
and placing film directly on the gels apparently causes some damage to the
film from the moisture or urea in the gel...

2.  Anyone have any experience with 33-P yet?  We would like to know if the
energy from this isotope is sufficient to pass through saran wrap so we can
expose films without taking the wrap off.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Bob