lacZ protein fusion vectors

BOB AT COMB belas at comb1.comb.umd.edu
Tue Dec 1 08:27:00 EST 1992

In article <921130153831_76467.702_DHE65-3 at CompuServe.COM>, 76467.702 at CompuServe.COM (Alan Gerstein) writes...
>Must it be a lacZ fusion? Pharmacia sells a cat based promoter screening
>vector, pKK232-8.  You might want to do a literature search for the work of
>Jurgen Brosius, the constructor of pKK232-8 and many vectors along the line of
>your inquiry.
>
>Alan

	I find LacZ easier to assay, but the more significant reason is to
keep the same reporter gene in all my assays (I'm using the protein fusions
to compare with transcriptional lacZ fusions already developed in my lab.)
Lastly, I didn't know cat _was_ a protein fusion...I learn something new
each day.

		"Ignorance is a
		 voluntary misfortune."
		  -- Nicholas Ling