Vector databases

MURPHY at JII.AFRC.AC.UK MURPHY at JII.AFRC.AC.UK
Tue Dec 1 13:53:00 EST 1992

I am sure this is a FAQ, but as I don't know the FPR (Frequently Produced
Response), here is my question. There are many requests for vector sequences
over the network and finding such sequences is a common problem for us. Is
there a vector equivalent to the Roberts restriction enzyme database? We have
Vecbase here, but it is a very old version. We can of course use the Genbank
synthetic DNA group, but not all the sequences we need are in this category.
We are thinking of building up our own database, but before we recreate the
wheel, does anybody out there have such a database?
Cheers,
George Murphy
George Murphy                     |Snailmail:
JANET:murphy at uk.ac.afrc.jii       |     Cambridge Laboratory,
INTERNET:murphy at jii.afrc.ac.uk    |     JI Centre for Plant Science Research,
                                  |     Colney Lane,
Telephone: +44 603 52571          |     Norwich NR4 7UJ,
Fax:       +44 603 505725         |     U.K.
IBMnet:  Just hit Norwich (Please).