Vector databases

rlippens at ULB.AC.BE rlippens at ULB.AC.BE
Wed Dec 2 11:25:22 EST 1992

>We are thinking of building up our own database, but before we recreate
>the wheel, does anybody out there have such a database?
>Cheers,

>George Murphy

        That would be GREAT to settle a DATABASE OF VECTORS and
        I give you all my encouragments in such a HARD TASK !

        I feel that molecular biologists really need a database of
        REFERENCE and not just another vector database...

        I stress the new database should be RELIABLE and COMPLETE
        especially regarding the SEQUENCES.  I mean, don't do like
        Intelligenetics in their vectorbank, where for example
        records related to vectors of pIN-I-AI type contain just the
        sequence of the linker (%60 BP)!
--