vertebrate rRNA clone

Dan Jacobson danj at
Wed Dec 2 09:05:58 EST 1992

In article <1992Dec1.084606.1920 at> afc at writes:
>Hello all,
>I am looking for a vertebrate ribosomal RNA clone.  What would be
>best would be just the 18S + 28S coding region in a plasmid.
>If anyone has one, I would appreciate hearing about it.
>Andrew Cockburn

I have sent  Andrew a genbank entry (which is a bit long to post here),
the first to lines of the header are as follows::

LOCUS       XELRGEE83    8153 bp ds-DNA             VRT       01-NOV-1991
DEFINITION  Xenopus laevis genes for 18S, 5.8S and 28S ribosomal RNAs

He may be able to find his clone by contacting the authors listed in the
entry.  I'd be happy to send this sequence to any others who are interested
or better yet tell you how easy it is to retrieve them yourself  (can
you say gopher?).

Happy hunting,

Dan Jacobson

danj at