magic mp & sequenase

Ashok Aiyar axa12 at po.cwru.edu
Thu Dec 3 08:38:33 EST 1992

In article <1992Dec3.912.2122 at channel1> "michael coyne" <michael.coyne at channel1.com> writes:

>Hello all...
>
>In advance of some experiments to be performed by a co-worker (and at
>the request of my boss), I would like to find out if anyone has tried
>using plasmid DNA recovered with Promega's Magic MiniPrep kit directly
>for use with the Sequenase kit.

Works really really well.  We use Magic MP DNA for sequencing all the time,
and the results parallel those obtained with cesium purified DNA.  I
typically use about 2 mls of an overnight culture per miniprep, elute the
DNA in 100 ul of TE, and use half the amount for sequencing.

Elution of the DNA in ddH20 (as opposed to TE) results in lower yields (at
least in my hands).

Ashok

  Ashok Aiyar   Department of Biochemistry, CWRU   axa12 at po.cwru.edu
For Internet Access (Telnet/FTP) in Cleveland, contact info at wariat.org
           Telnet to wariat.wariat.org and login as bbs
   Dial (216) 481-9425/9445 (V.32bis) or (216) 481-9436 (2400 bps)