Vent of Pfu - which is more HiFi ?

kucera at neb.com kucera at neb.com
Thu Dec 3 16:43:02 EST 1992

We have compared the thermostabilities of Vent, Deep Vent and Pfu DNA
polymerases.  Assessing the remaining polymerase activity as a function of
incubation time at 95 C-100 C, we find the Vent DNA polymerase has a half
life at 95 C of 6.7 hours and at 100 C of 1.8 hours.  The Deep Vent DNA
polymerase has a half life at 95 C of 23 hours and at 100 C of 8 hours.
When we test Pfu DNA polymerase side-by-side with Vent and Deep Vent, we
find its thermostability matches that of Deep Vent--not unexpected, since
they are different species, but are the same genus.

        We have a great deal of technical information on all our
thermophilic DNA polymerases available for the asking. Just give us a call!

Sincerely,
Rebecca Kucera
Product manager for Vent DNA polymerases
New England Biolabs
(1-800-632-5227)