Vector databases

David Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Fri Dec 4 17:56:21 EST 1992

MURPHY at JII.AFRC.AC.UK writes:

>I am sure this is a FAQ, but as I don't know the FPR (Frequently Produced
>Response), here is my question. There are many requests for vector sequences
>over the network and finding such sequences is a common problem for us. Is
>there a vector equivalent to the Roberts restriction enzyme database? We have
>Vecbase here, but it is a very old version. We can of course use the Genbank
>synthetic DNA group, but not all the sequences we need are in this category.
>We are thinking of building up our own database, but before we recreate the
>wheel, does anybody out there have such a database?
>Cheers,
>George Murphy

George et al.,

	I am aware of a new effort in this area but will defer to the
person in charge of the project to make an announcement when he is
ready to be bombarded with requests. (Don't ask me for info privately
either).  A public release should be available in January.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				kristoff at net.bio.net