Hygromycin toxicity

Brain Foley brianf at dna.uvm.edu
Thu Dec 3 20:12:29 EST 1992

My CHO-K1 cells were completely killed by 200 U/mL of Calbiochem hygromycin
B after a 72 hour exposure.  However, I have some mutatn strains derived
from CHO-K1 that were slightly more sensitive to hygromycin B.  In
both cells strains, I was able to use 200 Units per milliliter to select
transfected cells.  I use the pCEP4 vector carrying hygromycin resistance.

If more info is needed, write to me.