MJ PCR machines

HRMBDKC at HKUMD1.HKU.HK HRMBDKC at HKUMD1.HKU.HK
Thu Dec 10 01:44:00 EST 1992

I am considering buying an MJ PCR machine, either the 96 well plate version
or the one that takes microscope slides and can be used for PCR in situs.
I would appreciate feed back about
1] The advantages and disadvantages of the 96 well plate method of doing PCR.
2] How good is the PCR machine for PCR insitus.
Please could I have some refs for insitu PCR? I have the N.Eng.J.med one
but would appreciate more.
3] I'd like to know what price MJ is asking for the PTC-100-96V and
the PTC-100-16MS to compare with the local agent's asking price
which seems high.
Thanks
Kathy Cheah
HRMBDKC at HKUCC.BITNET