Sequencing Problem...

BOB AT COMB belas at comb1.comb.umd.edu
Fri Dec 11 08:17:00 EST 1992

In article <10DEC92.15581742 at wums.wustl.edu>, wetsel_r at wums.wustl.edu writes...
>Greetings netters:
>
>This is probably a sequencing FAQ but here goes:  I have a technician in the
>lab that can do a "single" load reasonably well.  The problem is when the
>run is extended or even "double" loaded.  What we're getting is fuzzy
>, sometimes doubled bands which are difficult to decipher.  Is the Urea going
>off, temp too low/high, any suggestions would be appreciated...
>
>OH! BTW - I should note that this is double-stranded sequencing with oligos
>and using Sequenase.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>David
>haviland at kids.wustl.edu

David-
	Are you cleaning the wells before doing the second loading?  I found
that if my tech forgets to do so we often end up with double bands or fuzzy
bands.  Just blow out the accumulated urea using a syringe and needle.  Hope
you solve your problem.

		"Ignorance is a
		 voluntary misfortune."
		  -- Nicholas Ling