m rna extraction from tissue

DMEIER at mis.mcw.edu DMEIER at mis.mcw.edu
Fri Dec 11 16:03:38 EST 1992

Greetings,

We are having problems with the yeild and degradation of poly A Rna (via Fast
Track i.e, oligo cellulose ) after total RNA isolation from tissue. There are no problems using these techniques on cell culture material. We are working with gut and prostate tissue.

The yield of mRNA and the relative amounts of m RNA to total RNA is low. Does anyone have the same problem and how can these difficulties be overcome when extracting tissue?

Some one told us that there are high levels of endogenous RNAses in certain tissues. If this is true how can one overcome this problem?

Send replies to Dan Meier
DMEIER at mis.mcw.edu

Thank you,
Kathie Hopp and der O/TAN