T-tracking program ?

parkhillj at vax1.bham.ac.uk parkhillj at vax1.bham.ac.uk
Tue Dec 22 05:17:09 EST 1992

In article <1992Dec21.083510.13693 at abo.fi>, JANIEMI at FINABO.ABO.FI (Jarmo Niemi TUY) writes:

> I am looking for a program, that helps one to identify the
> position of a clone in a sequence by running only one
> sequencing reaction (so-called T-tracking). Some sources,
> like Deininger's review (Anal. Biochem 135(1983)247-263) and
> Amersham's sequencing leaflet state that this can be done
> by computer, but I haven't so far found any reference to
> a program that would do it.
>
> Otherwise I use the GCG fragment assebly programs, but
> haven't been able to figure out how to map T-tracks
> by GCG. Any ideas would be appreciated.

 Jarmo,

	I don't know  of any specific programs to do this, but it
can be done in GCG by writing out your sequnce using "T" and "V"
(where V = A or C or G), and then using this sequence in either
GAP or BESTFIT.
	The hardest part is estimating the number of gaps between
the T's

hope this helps

Julian Parkhill.