? How to destroy DNA chemically (to reuse DNA columns)

Dan Diaz bl275 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu
Wed Dec 23 19:03:58 EST 1992

In a previous article, djt2 at po.CWRU.Edu (Dennis J. Templeton) says:

>You have a point, but our use here will consume ca $6000 per year.  Here's
>a comparison: would you throw away 10 FPLC columns a year at $600 each to
>sleep better at night?  maybe you or some would.  This is a variation of
>the "kit mentality" theme discussed here several times.  I think there are
>valid arguments on both sides of the discussion.

If you are spending these amounts of cash on columns then its time for you
to forget prepacked columns altogether and buy youself some resin, pack
your own columns, and sleep better at night.
Dizzy Dan         ddiaz at cwru.bitnet      bl275 at cleveland.freenet.edu
Department of Molecular Genetics - Albert Einstein College of Medicine
"My opinions are my own, and they should be yours as well"