MEDLINE

Ashok Aiyar ashok at biochemistry.cwru.edu
Sat Dec 26 19:47:22 EST 1992

In article <BzvtE6.D1F at news.iastate.edu>
	gat44 at iastate.edu (Gabriel Trueba) writes:

> A few months ago there was a posting indicating how to obtain
>access to MEDLINE for free. I would appreciate if somebody can
>send this information.

As far as I know, MedLine access is *not* free.  You can subscribe to
MedLine via a CD-ROM service, or use MedLines over the Internet using
Grateful Med, but you pay for the service nonetheless.

I had posted a message few months back stating that Grateful Med Ver 6.0
(the latest IBM PC version) worked well over TCP/IP connections, and in
particular worked over SLIP connections to the Internet as well.

If you want to use Grateful Med over a SLIP connection on a PC, you must use
the EtherSLIP packet driver.  Grateful Med 6.0 uses the TCP/IP stack from
NCSA Telnet ver 0.94, and this particular version does not talk well to
other SLIP packet drivers such as SLIP8250 or SLP16550.

Ashok