Ashok Aiyar ashok at
Sat Dec 26 19:47:22 EST 1992

In article <BzvtE6.D1F at>
	gat44 at (Gabriel Trueba) writes:

> A few months ago there was a posting indicating how to obtain
>access to MEDLINE for free. I would appreciate if somebody can
>send this information.

As far as I know, MedLine access is *not* free.  You can subscribe to
MedLine via a CD-ROM service, or use MedLines over the Internet using
Grateful Med, but you pay for the service nonetheless.

I had posted a message few months back stating that Grateful Med Ver 6.0
(the latest IBM PC version) worked well over TCP/IP connections, and in
particular worked over SLIP connections to the Internet as well.

If you want to use Grateful Med over a SLIP connection on a PC, you must use
the EtherSLIP packet driver.  Grateful Med 6.0 uses the TCP/IP stack from
NCSA Telnet ver 0.94, and this particular version does not talk well to
other SLIP packet drivers such as SLIP8250 or SLP16550.

                              Ashok Aiyar
                      Department of Biochemistry
                       CWRU School of Medicine