? How to destroy DNA chemically (to reuse DNA columns)

Michael Benedik bchs1b at Elroy.UH.EDU
Mon Dec 28 11:44:27 EST 1992

In article <1haupeINNjfh at usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu>, bl275 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Dan Diaz) writes:

>In a previous article, djt2 at po.CWRU.Edu (Dennis J. Templeton) says:
>>
>>You have a point, but our use here will consume ca $6000 per year.  Here's
>>a comparison: would you throw away 10 FPLC columns a year at $600 each to
>>sleep better at night?  maybe you or some would.  This is a variation of
>>the "kit mentality" theme discussed here several times.  I think there are
>>valid arguments on both sides of the discussion.
>
>If you are spending these amounts of cash on columns then its time for you
>to forget prepacked columns altogether and buy youself some resin, pack
>your own columns, and sleep better at night.
>--
>Dizzy Dan         ddiaz at cwru.bitnet      bl275 at cleveland.freenet.edu
>Department of Molecular Genetics - Albert Einstein College of Medicine
>"My opinions are my own, and they should be yours as well"

I think a lot of people would be happy to pack these columns themselves,
but the question is with what???

 Michael Benedik				INTERNET: Benedik at uh.edu
 Dept. of Biochemical & Biophysical Sciences
 University of Houston				BITNET: Benedik at uhou