Reliable binding of proteins to nitrocellulose

marder at marder at
Thu Feb 27 16:37:42 EST 1992

From: marder at
Newsgroups: bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts
Subject: Re: Reliable binding of proteins to nitrocellulose
Date: 27 Feb 92 09:24:21 IST
In article <00956A4C.A9E4F160 at>, kim at writes:
> Hi group:
> In article <1992Feb24.183900.7485 at>, states at (David States) writes:
> <Stuff on protein binding to nitrocellulose deleted>
> Something that is kind of unusual turned up in the current Analytical
> Biochemistry that may be of interest to protein blotting people.  In the paper,
> the authors claim to be able to do Western blots onto Xerox paper (that's
> right, plain copier paper) which had been pre-treated with methanol.  They show
> very nice Westerns probed with antibody, and claim 3-fold sensitivity over PVDF
> membrane.  Anyone have a comment on this? (I'm a DNA/RNA blot person, so I am
> not qualified to assess this method).
> Daniel Kim
> kim at

A reference would be nice.  The "current issue" could be any one of several
which will arrive here over the next few months.
                                 '      Jonathan B. Marder
Internet: MARDER at AGRI.HUJI.AC.IL :      Department of Agricultural Botany
Bitnet:   MARDER at HUJIAGRI        : /\/  The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Phone:    (08 or +9728) 481918   :/  \  Faculty of Agriculture
Fax:      (08 or +9728) 467763   /      P.O.Box 12, Rehovot 76100, ISRAEL