Reliable binding of proteins to nitrocellulose

kim at m44.unm.edu kim at m44.unm.edu
Mon Feb 24 18:15:03 EST 1992

Hi group:

In article <1992Feb24.183900.7485 at nlm.nih.gov>, states at artemis.nlm.nih.gov (David States) writes:
<Stuff on protein binding to nitrocellulose deleted>

Something that is kind of unusual turned up in the current Analytical
Biochemistry that may be of interest to protein blotting people.  In the paper,
the authors claim to be able to do Western blots onto Xerox paper (that's
right, plain copier paper) which had been pre-treated with methanol.  They show
very nice Westerns probed with antibody, and claim 3-fold sensitivity over PVDF
membrane.  Anyone have a comment on this? (I'm a DNA/RNA blot person, so I am
not qualified to assess this method).

Daniel Kim
kim at flovax.lanl.gov