hybridization in glass tubes

Jeremy Weinman jjw at rsbs0.anu.edu.au
Wed Feb 19 21:24:15 EST 1992

In article <1992Feb18.225135.12458 at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>, jmasters at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Jeffrey N Masters) writes:
> Does anyone have experience with multiple blots in one tube. My
> experience was that where filters overlap the signal is greatly
> reduced. 30 cm bottles, 10 ml hyb, 68 C, no formamide.
>
> thanks
> Jeff Masters

We've found that to prevent overlap signals/backgrnd etc we need to do at
least the last wash or two out of the bottle.  When this is done, no problems.
Maybe it's just luck!

Dr. Jeremy Weinman	Plant Microbe Interaction Group
			Research School of Biological Sciences
			Australian National University

	Email:		jjw at rsbs1.anu.edu.au
	Phone:		61 6 2495051
	Fax:		61 6 2490754
	Snail:		PO Box 475, Canberra, ACT 2601, AUSTRALIA