Hand Scanner and Autorads

BACKD at QUCDN.QueensU.CA BACKD at QUCDN.QueensU.CA
Fri Feb 14 20:48:13 EST 1992

I received a flier today from BIOSOFT advertizing Quantiscan.
I quote " Turn your IBM PC/PS@ or compatible and desktop scanner into:
          AN AFFORDABLE DENSITOMETER.
          Quantiscan accepts 4-bit (16 grayscale) and 8-bit (256 grayscale)
          Intel format TIFF files from desktop scanners such as HP ScanJet
          or video camera which are linked to your PC.
             BLAH...BLAH...BLAH

         Two dimensional integration can be performed.....Smoothing, editing
         and background subtraction can be performed on densitometry plots
         ....etc etc.   Macintosh version available

         Price US$ 499   FREE DEMO DISK.
         Address:   BIOSOFT
                    P.O. Box 10938
                    Ferguson, MO. 63135
                    Phone (314) 524-8029
                    Fax: (314) 524-8129

     Looks like it might make a nice combo with a hand scanner.

Disclaimer: I'm only on their flier mailing list not their payroll.
            ps. I purchased a copy of their SKYWATCH program last year
                If Quantiscan is half as good it'll be worth the price.

Don Back
Department of Biochemistry
Queen's University
Kingston, Ontario. Canada