RFLP Reference Summary

aarment at desire.wright.edu aarment at desire.wright.edu
Thu Feb 6 10:50:37 EST 1992

	I was asked by several to summarize the results of my post asking for
good startup references for RFLP work and DNA Fingerprinting.  Thanks to all
that responded!!  The references I received by e-mail were:

1) DNA Fingerprinting: an introduction
   Kirby and Lorne
   Stockton Press 1990

2) Plant Molecular Systematics: Macromolecular Approaches
   Crawford
   John Wiley and Sons, NY

3) Development and Application of Molecular Markers to Problems in
   Plant Genetics
   Helenjartis and Burr (eds.)
   Cold Spring Harbor Press, NY

4) "DNA Polymorphisms amplified by arbitrary primers are useful as
   genetic markers"  by Williams, Kubelik, et al. NAS18(22):6531-6535

5) "Polymorphisms generated by arbitrarily primed PCR in the mouse:
   application to strain identification and genetic mapping"
   by Welsh, Peterson, and McClellend
   NAS19(2):303-306

6) "Genomic fingerprinting using arbitrarily primed PCR and a matrix of
   pairwise combinations of primers"
   by Welsh and McClellend
   NAS19(19):5275-5279

	Thanks again to everyone who posted.