Commercial lectins

Yvan Rahbe rahbe at
Thu Feb 6 12:54:57 EST 1992

I am looking for a commercial supply of plant lectins (mg quantities).

Does anyone know of any specialized dealer for this class of proteins,
that could provide lectins not listed in the Sigma catalog.
I am particularily interested in Monocot lectins
(rye, barley, rice, tulip , snow drop, meadow saffron ...),
and of course a supplier in Europe would be fine.

On else, any pointer to some database of lectin biological activity  (including
sugar specificities, cytotoxicities or toxicity) would be apreciated (Recent
book or an accessible database file on lectins?)

Thanks for your help