Best-buy Electroporator

BAKERK at FRIR.AFRC.AC.UK BAKERK at FRIR.AFRC.AC.UK
Mon Feb 3 12:30:00 EST 1992

Dear Net

We are currently thinking about purchasing an electroporator, and the task
of identifying the best bet has fallen to me (grumble, grouch). I have
therefore decided to do this the easy way and ask for recommendations from
you people :-).
The machine should be capable of transforming bacterial, fungal, mammalian
and insect cells and be reasonably priced. I am aware of the product from
Invitrogen, which is hooked up to an electrophoresis power pack. Does
anybody have any experience of this one? Are there any other machines which
are particularly good? All replies gratefully received.
Many thanks

Ken.

Dr Ken Baker                              JANET : UK.AC.AFRC.FRIR::BAKERK
Department of Protein Engineering       INTERNET : BAKERK at FRIR.AFRC.AC.UK
AFRC Institute of Food Research             TEL (+44) 734 883103 ext 2157
Reading                                     FAX (+44) 734 884763
Berks RG2 9AT
UK                          (AFRC = Agricultural & Food Research Council)
Dr Ken Baker                              JANET : UK.AC.AFRC.FRIR::BAKERK
Department of Protein Engineering       INTERNET : BAKERK at FRIR.AFRC.AC.UK
AFRC Institute of Food Research             TEL (+44) 734 357000
Reading                                     FAX (+44) 734 267917
Berks RG6 2EF
UK