vector sequences from Dratagene

peter maitland bell pmb2 at quads.uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 3 11:56:07 EST 1992

A few weeks back, there was a thread going about how to get vector sequences
as quickly as possible.

I now have retrieved the sequences for all the members of the Bluescript family using the Fasta mail server, which works well for me.

The accession numbers are:
X52324  BSSKI-
X52325  BSSKI+
X52326  BSKSI-
X52327  BSKSII+  ***OUT OF SEQUENCE, REALLY***
X52328  BSSKII+
X52329  BSKSII-
X52330  BSSKII-
X52331  BSKSI+   *AND THERE IS THE COMPANION*

The mail server works very quickly when you use accession numbers;  the adress
is RETRIEVE at GENBANK.BIO.NET  (case-sensitive), and there must be *no subject
line*.  the message should be the accession number *and nothing else*.

I hope that helps;  these sequences were unavailable on the U of C biovax as
far as we could tell, but they sure were available through the mail :+)

Peter Bell
pmb2 at midway.uchicago.edu