PCR:comment

penas at ucbeh.san.uc.edu penas at ucbeh.san.uc.edu
Thu Jan 23 20:05:59 EST 1992

Hi netters!
I just want to comment on some PCR problems I was having and how I solved them.
I was trying to amplify cDNA but I was getting smears with no specific bands.
After cloning the material from these PCRs and sequencing I discovered that the
reverse transcription primer was being used in my PCRs and probably that's why
I was getting the smears.  I cleaned up my cDNA with PREP-A-Gene matrix and
removed all primers from R.T.  And low and behold my PCRs started giving me the
desired bands.
I wanted to post this in case someone was having a similar problem.

sincerely,

Sandra Pena de Ortiz     : penas at ucbeh.bitnet
University of Cincinnati
College of Medicine