mitochondrial DNA isolation

Bill Melchior, NCTR/FDA wmelchior at NTDOC.NCTNET.GOV
Wed Jan 22 14:27:02 EST 1992

I am looking for isolation techniques for mammalian mitochondrial DNA, from
liver and skeletal muscle.  My first hour or so in the library turned up
a) mitochondrial preparations with the emphasis on metabolic functionality of
the mitochondria after purification; b) OLD methods; c) methods for yeast.

Does this mean that ancient methods are still the best, or have I just failed
to find recent articles?  Any references would be appreciated.

(I do not need the DNA intact; I want to do adduct analysis.)

Thanks,

Bill Melchior                                ||   Evolution, as described in
National Center for Toxicological Research   ||   J. A. Paulos' _Innumeracy_:
Jefferson, AR  72079                         ||
(501) 543-7206                               ||  "Eventually, primitive life
wmelchior at ntdoc.nctnet.gov                   ||   malls."